This week we explored the theme of Release in our daily sessions. Bloom Pause is a community offering that meets remotely using Zoom. Each week we explore a new theme through discussion, sharing, meditation and practices to improve daily life. If you'd like to join Bloom Pause, sign up here.
In Brene' Brown's book The Gifts of Imperfection, she offers 10 guideposts for cultivating wholehearted living. Each of these guideposts suggests letting go of something and how this allows for cultivation of a gift. And, in alignment with our most recent amazing Full Moon in Aries on October 1-2, this time after the full moon is a wonderful time for release.
The Gifts of Imperfections ten guideposts:
- Letting go of what people think ~ cultivating authenticity.
- Letting go of perfectionism ~ self-compassion.
- Letting go of numbing and powerlessness ~ cultivating a resilient spirit.
- Letting go of scarcity and fear of the dark ~ cultivating gratitude and joy.
- Letting go of the need for certainty ~ cultivating intuition and trusting faith.
- Letting go of comparison ~ cultivating creativity.
- Letting go of exhaustion as a status symbol and productivity as self-worth ~ cultivating rest and play.
- Letting go of anxiety as a lifestyle ~ cultivating calm and stillness.
- Letting go of self-doubt and "supposed to" ~ cultivating meaningful work.
- Letting go of being cool and "always in control" ~ cultivating laughter, song and dance.
What are you being called to release?
Letting of what we're being called to release can be a very painful and scary process. But, it can also be an exciting, inspiring and rejuvenating process. Letting go of what no longer resonates means we are tuning into our intuition and the natural rhythms of our body, heart and inner system... and following this. This takes being brave and means risking the unknown. However, it also means opening up to new beginnings and new ways of being that allow our lives to grow - both deepen and expand. Give it a try! It's well worth it.
Suggested ABC practice:
Call in Awareness.
Be in the moment as the Awareness I Am.
Notice what's happening within ...
Offer Awareness to the Body... and to whatever's happening within ...
Align in the present moment ...
Consider what no longer resonates ...
Working with the breath, especially the exhalation, release on the exhale... what no longer resonates... Offer this to the Divine for transmutation, formation and figuration ...
Try these words out loud:
I surrender to the wisdom of my soul's desire...
I release what no longer resonates with me ...
I release what no longer serves me...
I release this to the Divine for the optimal outcome.
I offer gratitude for its transmutation for the highest good.
And, so it is.
In bloom we grow,